At Datopian, the Product Owner represents the stakeholders and is the voice of the customer. He or she is accountable for ensuring that the team delivers value to the business. The Product Owner’s primary task is the creation and prioritization of job or user stories. Specifically, the Product Owner:
- Writes (or has the team write) customer-centric items typically user stories
- Assigns “business” value to user stories
- Prioritizes (ranks) user stories and adds them to the product backlog.
- On large projects you’ll oversee a scrum master, on smaller projects you will be comfortable being the PO and running scrum.
- Administrative activities and reporting to the organization’s Delivery Manager
- Excellent written and spoken English
- We’re looking for a candidate with a minimum of 2 years as a Product Owner in a start-up / agile environment
- Someone who has overseen projects with an agile mindset and NOT someone who works at a IT factory that runs scrum but it’s actually scrum ceremonies with a waterfall mindset.
- It is preferred but not necessary that the candidate has experience in a professional services company though a product owner who has worked for a product start-up that is willing to be client facing is also encouraged to apply
- It is preferred but not necessary that the candidate has a technical background as a developer maybe being a technical project manager or product owner / tech lead before
- It is preferred but not necessary that the candidate has worked in the data sector before
About the engagement
Start date: As soon as feasible
Rate: Commensurate with ability and experience
Location: Datopian is a remote-first workplace; experience in remote working is desirable (but not essential). We are currently looking for people in European / East Coast US time zone (we’re happy for people to work elsewhere provided they are available for meetings during European / East Coast usual working hours).
Company size: 15 – 30
Company type: Self-fundedDatopian is an internationally-distributed team of 25-30 people, led by open-source and open-data veterans. Forked out of Open Knowledge International in 2015, Datopian creates, maintains, and deploys data management technologies for government, enterprise, and the non-profit sector using CKAN, Frictionless Data, and other open source software.
We operate virtually, so you will have the freedom to work from wherever you want (meeting scheduling permitting).
Finally, we offer an intentional work environment that will support you to develop personally and professionally and provide an opportunity to reflect on what really matters to you.
Apply with your resume and a short introduction letter to: [email protected] By submitting your personal data, you are consenting to the use of your data in accordance with our job applicant privacy notice.