Scrum Leads (Scrum Masters) at Datopian work with Product Owners and delivery teams to ensure project goals are well socialised, sprint planning is well organised, and client needs are being met and exceeded. At Datopian, Scrum leads also take on various administrative tasks as part of our organisational structure for agile project delivery.
- Ensuring that goals, scope, and domain of a given project are understood by the delivery team and Product Owner
- Running various check-ins as part of scrum / agile delivery (sprint planning, standups, retrospectives) and facilitating the work of the delivery team in general
- Administrative activities supporting project delivery, reporting to the organization’s Delivery Manager
- Excellent written and spoken English
- We’re looking for a candidate with a minimum of 2 years as a scrum master in a start-up / agile environment
- Someone who has run projects with an agile mindset and NOT someone who works at a IT factory that runs scrum but it’s actually scrum ceremonies with a waterfall mindset.
- It is preferred but not necessary that the candidate has experience in a professional services company though a scrum master who has worked for a product start-up that is willing to be client facing is also encouraged to apply
About the engagement
Start date: As soon as feasible
Rate: Commensurate with ability and experience
Location: Datopian is a remote-first workplace; experience in remote working is desirable (but not essential). We are currently looking for people in European / East Coast US time zone (we’re happy for people to work elsewhere provided they are available for meetings during European / East Coast usual working hours).
Company size: 15 – 30
Company type: Self-fundedDatopian is an internationally-distributed team of 25-30 people, led by open-source and open-data veterans. Forked out of Open Knowledge International in 2015, Datopian creates, maintains, and deploys data management technologies for government, enterprise, and the non-profit sector using CKAN, Frictionless Data, and other open source software.
We operate virtually, so you will have the freedom to work from wherever you want (meeting scheduling permitting).
Finally, we offer an intentional work environment that will support you to develop personally and professionally and provide an opportunity to reflect on what really matters to you.
Apply with your resume and a short introduction letter to: [email protected] By submitting your personal data, you are consenting to the use of your data in accordance with our job applicant privacy notice.