# Experienced Software/Data Engineer
We are expanding our team!
We are currently seeking a software engineer with 7+ years of experience to join our team. Datopian creates data management platforms for governments and multinationals around the world. We focus on data: collecting, processing, managing, and presenting it. We often use and create our own open-source products to support that effort. We are some of the creators behind:
- CKAN, the world’s leading data portal platform.
- Open Knowledge Foundation, the influential NGO empowering countries to open more data.
- Frictionless Data, the progressive data toolkit trusted by teams in organizations such as Kaggle and Pandas.
Why is this message in English? Because we are a distributed company, with people having distinct native languages. You will use English to communicate with colleagues and clients in multiple countries and timezones.
Are you curious about how we can get this to work? Take a look at our publicly-accessible Playbook, where we tell a bit more about our culture. TL;DR Others will treat you as an adult and should strive for excellent communication with your team members.
As we say in the same Playbook: “There is always something to learn.” We expect you to have a reasonable intersection with the following list of items. You certainly won’t know it all, but you may also master different things we are not mentioning:
- You communicate well in written and spoken English.
- You write clean and tested frontend applications using React or Vue.
- You know how to clean datasets and use them more efficiently for different purposes.
- You have expertise in using and maintaining databases.
- You can architect solutions for different data problems.
- You can deploy and maintain applications in the Cloud (Google/AWS/Azure).
- You can use Docker and Kubernetes.
- You can coach other engineers.
- You can lead a project.
- You can interview a stakeholder to understand and specify the scope of tasks.
# Key Points
- Rate: Competitive with the location. Pay may increase further once we see how we work together.
- Relationship: Contractor. You pay your taxes in your country of residence.
- Location: We are fully remote and you will work virtually.
- Time Zone: We are currently looking for people in US time zones.
Apply with your resume and a short introduction letter to: [email protected]
By submitting your personal data, you are consenting to the use of your data in accordance with our job applicant privacy notice.